Welcome to the 2020 edition of Highroad Academy Track & Field. The team is comprised of dedicated and excited athletes who look to have a season full of personal bests.
- Stuart Morris – sprinting and middle distance (Current Highroad Principal)
- Pam Goosen – middle distance, long distance, and steeplechase (current Highroad teacher)
- Jonah Castillo – sprinting, relays, hurdles (former T+F athlete for Chilliwack Secondary)
- Phil Um – javelin, shot put, discus (former Highroad T+F athlete and graduate)
- Nathaniel Gidon – hammer throw (former Highroad T+F athlete and graduate)
Athletic Director: Matt Milec
- Mondays: 7:15 to 8:30 am
- Thursdays: 3 to 4:30 pm (Sardis Track if Available)
Due to the restructuring of the provincial zones, this season will look different than past seasons;
- The two league meets and the Eastern Valley Athletic Association (EVAA) Championship will only feature athletes from Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Langley, Mission, Hope, and Agassiz.
- The vast majority of the meets are only for athletes in grades 8-12. However, the EVAA will allow a school to bring a few select grade 7’s to the three league meets to compete alongside the grade 8’s.
- In the Chilliwack meet, any grade 7’s wishing to compete will be allowed to participate.
- The Chilliwack District Championships will determine who make the EVAA Championship for a chance to qualify for the BC Championships (Provincials) in June.
- April 2nd (League Meet #1 at Rotary Stadium)
- April 16th (League Meet #2 at Rotary Stadium)
- April 22nd (Chilliwack District Meet at Sardis Secondary)
- April 24th (BCCSSAA Meet at Rotary Stadium)
- May 13-14th (EVAA Zone Championships Meet at Rotary Stadium)
- June 4-6th (BC Championships at McLeod Park in Langley)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Pam Goosen at pgoosen@highroad academy.com
The team is always looking for more athletes who want to be pushed to achieve their best.
*Follow the team on Instagram.
*Link to Eastern Valley Athletic Association (EVAA)