The Athletic Department has decided to continue running our volleyball intermural program for the next two weeks on Mondays and Wednesdays within their current school cohorts. All basketball practices will remain cancelled at this time and will be re-evaluated at a later date.
We will continue to ask that students follow our school health and safety guidelines such a completing their daily health checks, regular hand washing and/or sanitizing etc. We will also make sure that students participate in the same cohort that they are a part of during the school day.
We hope that this opportunity will be a great physical outlet to help improve the mental health of our students.
As always it is up to the parents to decide what is best for their child, so if you choose to continue with volleyball the times will be as follows:
- Mondays & Wednesdays – 3 pm to 5 pm
- Mondays & Wednesdays – 5:30 pm to 8 pm
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns,
Due to the recent increase of Covid19 exposures in Chilliwack, we have decided that we need to put on hold all after school intermural activities (volleyball and basketball) for the next two weeks (Starting on Monday). We will continue to monitor the situation around us and re-evaluate in two week.
Thank you for your understanding,
For any cross country runners (Grade 6 to 12) who are interested in developing their running skills, the Chilliwack Track Club will be starting training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 pm to 5 pm at the Sardis Track.
The cost of Training will be $130 for 2 1/2 months.
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Highroad will be hosting a basketball camp for all students grades 5 to 12 which will be run by Next Level Basketball (nextlevelball.ca)
This camp will have some of the best basketball coaches in the area and will be a fantastic experience for all or our Highroad athletes.
August 24th to 27th
$150/player m- Co-Ed (boys and girls will train together)
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM Grades 5-6
1:30 – 3:30 PM Grades 7-9
4:00 – 6:00 PM Grades 10-12
To Register please follow this link: https://www.nextlevelball.ca/registernow
Efforts will be made to keep players healthy. There will not be any direct competition between players (ie. usual basketball games), rather the camp will focus on high level skill development.
There will be more details to come soon which will be posted on.
Any questions specifically about this camp, or other training opportunities, can also be directed to Mike Mannes at email@example.com.
Athlete of the Year Awards:
- Male Athlete of the Year: Elijah Grimard
- Female Athlete of the Year: Annika Johnsrude
- Junior Male Athlete of the Year: Quinn Goosen
- Junior Female Athlete of the Year: Natalie Schulz
School Knight Awards (Formerly Coaches Award)
- Male Knight Award: Dawson Hartskamp and Aidan Morris
- Female Knight Award: Jaylynn Slaa
- Junior Male Knight Award: Will McIntyre
- Junior Female Knight Award: Eva Kingma
- Grade 6/7 Girls: MVP: Leah Funk KNIGHT AWARDS: Ellie Garcia
- Grade 8 Girls: MVP: Chloe Ford KNIGHT AWARDS: Abby Hansen, Katie Stuart
- Grade 9 Girls: MVP: Olivia Stettler KNIGHT AWARDS: Natalie Schulz, Eva Kingma
- Girls: MVP: Shaelyn Grimard, Annika Johnsrude KNIGHT AWARDS: Lily Maarhuis
- Boys: MVP: Nico Kattenberg, Makito Kozai KNIGHT AWARDS: Elijah Grimard, Andy Johnson
- ALL: MVP: Quinn Goosen Knight Awards: Emma Verrault
- Grade 5/6 Girls: MVP: Keira Bergen KNIGHT AWARDS: Emma Verrault, Zyana Ellis
- Grade 6/7 Girls: MVP: Leah Funk KNIGHT AWARDS: Emma Verrault, Kiera Bergen
- Grade 8 Girls: MVP: Natalie Schulz KNIGHT AWARDS: Keira Mosa
- Girls: MVP: Jaylynn Slaa KNIGHT AWARDS: Nanami Kakishima, Cadence Harder
- Grade 5 Boys: MVP: Nathan Harder KNIGHT AWARDS: Riley Goosen, Liam MacAulay
- Grade 6 Boys: MVP: Cendrix Solla, Xander Renaerts KNIGHT AWARDS: Seth Morrison, Caleb Wight
- Grade 7 Boys: MVP: Jesse Kattenberg KNIGHT AWARDS: Colby Goosen, Carson Janzen
- Grade 8/9 Boys: MVP: Quinn Goosen KNIGHT AWARDS David van de Loosdrecht, Noah Choi, Will McIntyre
- Boys: MVP: Elijah Grimard, Dawson Hartskamp KNIGHT AWARDS: Nico Kattenberg, Aidan Morris, Easton Abel
Tomorrow (June 18th, 2020) at 7 pm is the Highroad Academy Knights Athletic Awards Celebration via Zoom Call.
To join the call, please go to:
Awards Celebration Schedule:
Athletic Awards Celebration 2020 Poster
This year to celebrate our Teams and Athletes we are going to have a live online Awards Celebration Via Zoom.
Following the Event we will be posting all of the award winner on our Athletics Blog along with links to video highlights.
Please join us on Thursday June 18th at 7 pm for our Athletics Award Celebration.
Award Pickup – All Awards may be picked up at School on during office hours from Friday June 19th to Thursday June 25th.
Jersey Return – Please return all Highroad Jerseys (and Shorts for some teams) to the office anytime before Thursday June 25th.
Thank you for a great year of Highroad Athletics! We look forward to a full year of sports next year…hopefully.
I have had a number of people ask about their payments for spring sports that did not happen (Little Diggers/Hoopsters, Badminton, Track and Field and Girls Soccer).
Currently we are holding all payments until next year where they will be put towards 2020/2021 athletics fees for the same family. In the case where a payment has been made, but the student will not be returning to Highroad AND they do not have another sibling to put the fees towards (ex. a graduating grade 12 student), they may request a cheque by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding.